Monday, August 19, 2024

The Rusk County Baptist History Project

For quite some time, I have had a two-part goal “on the back burner,” so to speak. I wanted to:

  1. Visit every Baptist Church in Rusk County, Texas (my native county).
  2. Compile a history of all the Baptist Churches of Rusk County.

Almost two years into retirement, I concluded it is time to move this to a front burner. In July I began to crank up the “Rusk County History Project.” I have sort of introduced it through the History of Henderson and Rusk County Facebook group, posting pictures that I have taken of church buildings. I kicked it off with picture taking, and by now have taken a picture of every existing Baptist Church building that I know of in this county, most still used and a few abandoned. However, there may be a few I do not know and have missed. I have developed questionnaires for churches and associations, and hope that every Baptist Church and Baptist organization in Rusk County will consider and decide to participate.

Perhaps you are a Rusk County Baptist reading this, or know one! Or are just historically curious. I am attaching links to letters and questionnaires that give some idea of what I am doing.

If the links do not work, please let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home